Friday, June 02, 2006

Vacation: Day 1

It's Chris' vacation. He left last night for a "Letterboxing Extravaganza," as I like to call it. You can ask him about it, if you're interested. I thought I'd be excited for this weekend, too, because I have the car all weekend, and can do whatever I want... But I was sad to see him go. I miss my Christoph.

Today Amelie and I went to the Chiro, then came home for her nap. She slept for an hour, which gave me enough time to work out (yay!) and shower (yay! yay!). After she woke up, we went to Unique Thrift in search of baby board books. I found a couple, but did better with older kids' books. I also found an adorable tie-dye outfit for the babe and a nursing tank for me, among other things. When Amelie couldn't take shopping anymore, we went home for another nap. I was on a borad-book high, so when she woke up, I drug (dragged?) her to Goodwill b/c they have a huge book section. It turns out that they got new bookshelves, so while they're in transition, all the books are in bins. Yuck. And impossible to dig through with Amelie in the sling. It was a quick visit, and then we were off to Half Price Books, where we sat and read some books that didn't hold Amelie's interest long enough to justify buying. She just wanted to eat the tags on the stuffed animals (not the price tags, the "how to care for" tags; what's that all about, anyway?). Then we came home and she was fairly crabby most of the time... unless I left the room, then she was fine. Unfortunately, when she sees me, she whines; otherwise she's fine. I used to think kids were bratty if I babysat them with no problem, only to have them turn into monsters when mom came home. Now I realize that it starts before they're old enough to really be brats.

I've been expecting 4 mail orders to come in the mail this week and next, and I got the first (and most exciting) one yesterday: 4 new pair of wool soakers (diaper covers), and one pair of wool "shorties" (also a diaper cover, but longer in the legs, so they look like shorts). They are SO adorable! They aren't exactly like I ordered them, but now I think that may be because my monitor probably doesn't show colors true to life. But OH WELL. They're still awesome. I would post pics of Amelie in them, but Chris took the camera with him. Anyways, I had to order them because her other ones were too small in the thighs (they were mediums). I ordered XL so she could grow into them... they look like they'll fit her till she's potty trained. :)

In case anyone isn't aware: I have a serious sugar addiction. Serious. Almost as serious as cigarettes (which BTW, we are quitting by the time Chris gets home... God willing). So, I've decided that to wean myself from sugar, I can only have 1 serving of sweets (according to whatever package it somes from) on the days that I work out. That's my incentive to work out 3 days a week and cut back on the white stuff at the same time. So far it's going OK. I'm not going through withdrawl too bad; no shakes or sweats yet. By the way (JENIE), this is a weaning from SWEETS, not SUGAR, meaning that I don't check packages for sugar content. I just limit my candy/cookie/soda/dessert intake. Mmm... Ginger snaps be callin my name.

Even though I can't take pics today, I'll leave you with this one from earlier this week:

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey, cutting back on sweets is good. Big thumbs up. Yes, people like me should really watch what kind of sweets we eat, but I still should be watching how much junk I eat too. Even stuff with non-refined sugars is sweets and sometimes junk. Can't be helping my love handles. Hopefully a nice long bike ride on Monday will.