Saturday, June 03, 2006

Vacation: Day 2

Well, last night Amelie woke up from 2-3am crying for apparently no reason. I loaded her up on Gripe Water, Motrin, and teething gel, which seemed to help a little. She finally wiggled and whined herself to sleep. Po baby.

We woke up at 10am to get ready for our day. We met my cousin Sara and her baby Grace at the MN zoo. It was fun. We walked around a little bit and then sat in the food area and ate and talked. So we didn't see many animals today, but that's OK, there's plenty of time for that later. It was nice to just hang out and catch up with her. For the record, I want to avoid saturdays at the zoo from now on. There are too many people, it's frustrating to try to get around. And I was so hot the whole time. What the heck. It's not that hot outside, and I'm already overheating. Nursing raises your body temp, and Amelie is a little heater, so until she learns to crawl I will be holding her most of the time. Sweaty.

When she wakes up, we're off to hunt more board books. I'm addicted.

No comments: