Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Vacation's over

Chris got back Sunday afternoon and met us at church. I was going to leave home at 4ish to make it to church on time, so I put Amelie down for her afternoon nap at 3pm. She usually sleeps an hour, and I thank God if it's ever longer than that. Wouldn't you know it, she chose to sleep 3 hours before I decided to wake her up. So I missed church, but you never wake a sleeping baby. It turned out OK, though, because it was a long night for the babe. We finally got to church, and got to see Chris for a little while before he fell asleep on a couch (after the service).

While we (Amelie and I) were visiting with the usual after church crowd, Amelie had a leakage issue on Jenie's lap. It was kindof funny (to me -- sorry Jenie!). I'm just getting accustomed to using cloth diapers again, after a long hiatus while waiting for her new soakers to come in the mail, so I'm not used to having to change her diapers ever hour or two (max). I think I waited 3. Oops. She also drank a lot of water that afternoon, so the combo made for a big wet spot on Jenie's lap. And then another, because I didn't think she was really wet. Haha...

Well, we are finally getting our spring cleaning/babyproofing underway. I am so excited! We are thinning out our belongings, deep cleaning everywhere, and making the place safe for our soon-to-be-mobile Amelie. Change is really hard on Chris, and he's doing his best to make it hard on me, too. He hates to see open space, so when I move or REmove something, he starts to hyperventillate (sp?). If I don't get frustrated with his whining and complaining, it's REALLY funny. After a week or so, he should be in love with the changes, too. So anyway, today and yesterday, we did the kitchen and dining room. The cupboards are organized, rarely-used items are in the basement, and we have a big pile of stuff to get rid of. We also moved out a piece of furniture, making the dining room nice and open. I love love love it! By the way, does anyone know how the heck a silverware organizer gets dirty? Ours has been in the drawer, holding our clean silverware for a couple years, so how does it get food on it? Weird.

Tomorrow we put the finishing touches on the kitchen and dining room, and get going on the living room. And by the way: if anyone has a big area rug in a neutral color that they don't want anymore (with no pet stains), we would LOVE to take it off your hands.

Here are some pics from today:


She'll be a frog next year. Or the year after.





Wheels





"Look, Ma! No hands!"





Her new Lamb soakers...




and her new Flower Child soakers.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It was funny to me too, just a little unexpected. No worries, I'm washable :)