So Sunday Chris and I drove around North Minneapolis a little bit before church to see what the neighborhoods are like. We started in NORTH, and it's a good thing, too. It was the saddest part of Minneapolis I've seen to date, with every few buildings/houses boarded up. It was so depressing; I didn't know places like that existed in MN. It was Ghetto. We found a specific house that we loved (at least we loved the online listing for it), but it was too close to the ghetto, only a few blocks away. Bummer, too, as it was in move-in condition, complete with stainless steel appliances and privacy fence. So we moved on to the Camden neighborhood, which seemed like paradise after being in NORTH. Luckily, there are a ton of houses for sale there, so we are bound to find something we can afford and are willing to live in. Tomorrow we will talk to our realtor (Chris' step-sister, Tami) to see what we can afford, what to do next, etc., etc., etc... I suspect we won't hear as good of news as we hope, mainly because when we bought this place, we had my job to contribute to the debt/income ratio. Now we just have Chris', but we have equity... so we'll see.
So, to the good stuff. Here's the babe:

Learning to give kisses. Notice how her mouth is open so wide, it goes from my nose to my chin...

That "I'm too cool to give you a big smile" smile...

Last week was a crabby week...

Reading her favorite book, My Friends by Taro Gomi (Thank you, Sampedros!)

Ready to ride!
1 comment:
there are good thing in North too, though. good people- us & Sampedros. good art places- homewood art gallery. good nature places- Theo Wirth pkwy trails, bird sanctuary, quaking bog. the ghetto's not so bad;)
Post a Comment