We just got back from thrifting. I am SO glad I went!! I got a bunch of cool stuff for both the kid and me. We were at the first store (we went to 2), and I had looked at everything I wanted to see, but I didn't have enough stuff to use my coupon, so I decided to go sit in the toy section and look through the crap to find (possibly) one or two wooden toys. I sat Amelie on the floor and she sought out the tastiest tags to chew on while I dug through the bins. Well, I usually don't even look at the stuffed animals or dolls, but this time I did, and what should I find, but a WALDORF DOLL with the tags still on!!! For $1.69!! Who donates a Waldorf doll?! And it's one that was made with all natural materials. It's cotton and stuffed with wool! And on top of that, it has redish hair and green eyes, almost exactly what I would have bought her had I had the choice. I am so so excited! We were going to buy her a doll for her first birthday, and now that I got her this one, we can save the $40-100 it would have cost to order one. Yay!!
I'm a big dorky mom, because that just made my day!
I'm going to unload the car now.
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooo ooo, I just got back from thrifting as well. I made a quick stop at Savers after work to look for camping dishes (enamelware and cookware) and a shirt with moisture wicking properties. I found some of the first, but not the second.
Post a Comment