Monday, May 08, 2006

Caterpillar Roll

That's Amelie's way of moving. When she's on the bed, she rolls to where she needs to be, and if she ends up a few inches away, she creeps like a caterpillar. Or more like an inchworm. Her butt goes up a little, and then she flattens herself out to push forward a couple inches. Does this mean she'll be crawling soon? I don't want to have to familiarize myself with the vaccum (or is it vacuum? I'm dumb) just yet.

Today Chris' manager saw Amelie, and asked if we've considered having her model. I said yes, but that we always assume we are just biased b/c we're her parents. He said that he was a model for several years, and that Amelie has the face and disposition for it (he hadn't heard the dentist drill at that point). "She has a Gerber face," he said. So he referred us to a talent agency that we'll call this week. She may be our breadwinner soon... woo-hoo!

3 comments:

Empty Voice said...

you know, I hadn't thought of that. Although she is totally cute and he's right. I would be careful though about any kind of deals. because you don't know anything about that world (models and agencies etc) it would be real easy for you to get taken advantage of. There are also laws about how you you must treat the moeny as well. fyi. I'll be glad to help out with this too! Anything for Amelie!

Anonymous said...

I've worked with a lot of child models and there are two things you should know--1) You shouldn't have to pay anything to an agent or agency until you get work, and then it should be a percentage of the pay, not a set fee. There are some agencies in town (Kids Inc is one) that want you to pay up front. That's the first sign of a scam operation. A legit company will only get paid when baby girl gets work.
2) Disposition is everything. She would need to be able to be with other adults even though you're in the room and tolerate a lot of touching and stimulation--noise, lights, changes of clothes, props, etc. It can be kind of stressful for a child who doesn't like to be passed around or fiddled with.

Kira said...

Anya did the caterpillar roll thing for about a month before she really took off crawling... it might be time to start dusting off the vacuum.