Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sign of the times...

Amelie is speaking with her hands, now, as well... She started by signing "milk" awhile back, but has since forgotten it. However, this week, she started consistently using the "more" sign, usually for crackers (more on that later). "All done" is inconsistent, she points at things, and waves "bye". Also, this week, she's started really trying hard to sign the alphabet when we sing it. We've been signing it to her since she was old enough to focus a few inches from her face, and now she's trying it out herself. She actually signed "A" and "B". What a smart girl! Now we're working on "mama", "milk", and "eat".

Poor girl has a rash on her upper body, probably from a food allergy. Amelie would do backflips for her multigrain crackers if she could, but I suspect the yare the culprit. I put calendula oil on it, and it seemed to help, unless it's clearing up because we didn't have the crackers today. I'll probably take her to the Dr anyways, as it's a good excuse for her to meet Amelie for the first time.

Today Amelie cut her foot, right by her big toe. Ah, the big kid stuff... getting hurt and all. She has a Veggie Tales bandage on it, and keeps trying to pick at it. I know how annoying it is to have one on the toe...

Monday, Amelie's 5th toothe popped through. I can see #6 is on it's way!

No comments: