Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bookworm


I always hoped that my baby would be a reader. I love books, and really wanted Amelie to, too. Well, wishes do come true. Everyday we have to read this stack of books at *least* once, sometimes 3 or more times. We also have small stacks of books in her playroom (boring books) and in our bedroom (bedtime books) which we try to read once a day, too. Did you count them yet? That's SIXTEEN books. She loves to flip the pages, I think that's the main reason she likes to read so much. Occasionally she'll seem to have a new favorite book in the pile, one that makes her smile or talk, and sometimes she'll just pick up a book and start "reading" it on her own. The cuteness is too much for me.

For the sake of all you mamas and daddies out there who also read to your babes, I'm going to start reviewing these favorites so you can maybe try them out for yourselves. When I'm done with these, I'll move on to the other stacks of books throughout the house.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love that there is a cute baby girl in the background of this stack of books.

Kira said...

What is Amelie's Breasts book about? (5th from the bottom...)

kati said...

Jen - Inevitably when I take a picture, there's always a baby or a cat in it. :)

Kira - If you can't wait till the book review to find out (I was going to do them in order from the top down), then let me know and I'll email you and tell you. But here's a hint: the full title is "Breasts in Art" and the title says everything. :)