Friday, August 18, 2006

Hats off!

I may just skip the whole party hat deal altogether. I had such a great idea for party hats (in my own head anyway; they probably would have been stupid IRL). It's too hard to explain it well enough, and I doubt anyone cares anyways. Sheesh. $.79 per hat is pretty steep for a plain Jane cone hat. When you add in s/h and the 10c embellishment I was going to add, they'd be about $1 each, and with 40-50 people coming... OUCH.
I could make better ones myself for about $.50 each, but that's so much work for a piece of cardboard that little kids will yank off to chew on and adults will hate wearing and throw away first chance they get.

I can't believe I just wasted my time and energy writing about party hats. And yours, too. Forgive me. I've become THAT mom.

2 comments:

bethany said...

you could make them out of white paper or newspaper.

kati said...

I love the newspaper idea. I'm going to remember that for another party, for sure.