Well, as far as I know, our place was officially listed today, although I can't find the listing online yet. Not sure what that means. We listed it a bit higher than we thought we could get for it, so we have some room for negotiation. If we don't get much traffic in the next 2 weeks, we will reduce the price. Pray for us that it sells for the asking price. We could really use the extra money! We will definitely be able to pay off our wedding (all of our debt), but we want to have some money to save as well.
Speaking of moving (kindof)... I'm trying to get a list together of the things we will need when we have a real house. So far, all I can think of is a lawnmower and a chunk of money in the bank. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Chris' job has been less than enough recently. Not only is it the slow season for restaurants, but Fhima's bad press hasn't been good for business or for the restaurant's dealings with it's vendors. Apparently, they aren't able to use checks to pay for food, so they have to pay cash, and they end up not having enough to pay their servers. Rediculous. So now Chris is being paid for his tips in bad checks. This doesn't pay the bills, as you can imagine. Last week God sent someone (I believe) into Fhima's to tell him that another restaurant is hiring servers. They are union, which means they pay twice as much hourly and they offer benefits. If Chris can get a job there, it would be the answer to our prayers. And this restaurant is established enough to not have to worry about the checks clearing. Another thing to keep us in your prayers for...
And speaking of paying the bills... this week I've been watching Oprah's Debt Diet series, and it's so interesting to see how 70% of the country lives paycheck to paycheck just to afford all the luxuries we think we need. The people they had on the show were in debt more than their yearly salaries, some almost double! Ouch! These people were throwing away their bills just so they didn't have to see how much they owed. We throw ours away, but only because they come out of our account automatically. Anyways, they laid out a plan to beat debt, and I think it's worth checking out. I think we're going to see what it says on the website. I hate having debt.
So I started knitting again, like I've been itching to do. Yesterday I finished (sewed in the hanging strings) a "blankie" that I started for Amelie before she was born. I call it a blankie, because I made up the pattern, and it ended up being WAY too small to be functional as a real blanket. So it will either become her security blanket, or an expensive doll blanket. If I learn to crochet, I think I'll make it bigger by crocheting a thick edge around it. Today, I started making a cotton washcloth for our kitchen (we only have one right now!), but decided that it was becoming way too much work to just be a washcloth. So I'm making it a bib for Amelie instead. I started it so I could get the hang of knitting again before comitting to a complicated or expensive project, and I'm happy to say that knitting came back to me with no problem at all. Yay.
Conversation whiplash... FYI: I have never replied on the blog to a comment left by anyone (that I can remember). As of now, I will be replying here instead of emailing a response to the comment...
Friday, July 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment