Forgive me for quoting a young has-been pop star. I feel a self-imposed pressure to think of witty titles, and it seemed appropriate:
I had promised myself I wouldn't go this long without blogging. I just feel so busy recently. Doing what? Nothing in particular, and a whole lot at the same time. The house has been in a constant state of transition recently, every room with a huge pile to move into another room (furniture, too). Then there are the piles of everyday junk accumulating... Between episodes of avoiding breaking our necks navigating around the house, we go to our usual appointments and such.
The crazy chain of getting nothing done started when we got our tax return. "Let's see how fast we can spend it," we thought. So, off we ran to H&R Block to pick up the check. We flew to the bank to cash it before 6pm, and then went straight to microcenter to buy ourselves a new computer. (To our credit [no pun intended], we paid down some of our credit card debt first.) Yay! We got a mac mini! I haven't played with a mac in years, and Chris is new to macs, so we haven't really even set it up (we've had it for 10 days now). At the same time, I keep hesitating to do anything on our old computer because I keep thinking, "It's such a waste of time, it'll go much faster on the new computer. I'll just wait till I can use the new one." So then I get nothing done online, like blogging or research for my business or... bills. Luckily most of them are automatically paid. Anyways, soon after, we got an entertainment center off of craigslist, so we set that up and got all that organized, while making a mess by rearranging things and leaving extranneous (sp?) stuff laying around. Hmmm... what other details can I bore you with? I think that's it. Oh... and we borrowed the first season of LOST, so we've been wasting lots of time watching that this week too. I wish it were a book. I'd feel a lot better about how much time I've spent immersed in the story. :) Besides, the book's always better.
Now to the good stuff:
Amelie turned 6 months old last Sunday. She is getting too big! We fed her her first solids on her 6m b-day, and she LOVED it (pics to come)! And the weirdest thing is that she started acting older all of a sudden. It's not my imagination, either! She's been making funnier noises and faces, doing more with her hands, trying harder to roll over and sit, and she also decided she likes it when other people hold her. She thinks just because she's eating real food (rice cereal) that she's a big girl. Hmph.
Chris finished Amelie's room this week! It's a great storage room for all her stuff, also known as a nursery. We'll call it her bedroom in a few years when she starts sleeping in there... Anyways, it's beautiful, and we'll post pics when I'm done decorating it.
We are having Amelie dedicated this Sunday. It is like a baptism, kindof, but basically it's where we publically dedicate her to God and promise to raise her in a Christian home, and the church and family and friends pray blessings for her. Since we are promising to be godly parents, we are going to take a big first step in that direction on Sunday: we are quitting smoking (as someone said: if it isn't your will to smoke, and not God's, then whose will is it?). Pray for us please. :)
Well, I am super tired, and I just wanted to ramble at you quick since it's been so long... I'm going to bed now. I'll write again soon. None of this every couple of weeks business.
Friday, March 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
are you going to post pictures of the dedication?
Tips on solid foods:
the book Super Foods, and the website www.wholesomebabyfood.com. Both have been great resources for us.
Bethany- I will eventaully post pics of the dedication... I just have to get the new computer up. You know the story! :) Check Jenie's blog for her pics until then...
Kira- Thanks, I'll check that out!
Hi Chris and Kati:
Just wanted to let you know that I still read the blog to check in on you all. (Intended to be supportive and not condescending): I'm so proud of you both for choosing to quit smoking! I hope it's going well and I will pray for you both. (Being in public health makes this an issue near and dear to me.) The biggest plus -- even more than the health benefit you're giving to yourselves -- is not modeling that behavior for your sweet girl.
And in case it helps...on average, most smokers attempt to quit 11 times before they're successful. So even you slip, don't beat yourself up. You can always begin again, each time with more skill and knowledge of what it takes. Good luck!
Post a Comment