Saturday night, Amelie learned how to scream. Not scream-your-head-off scream, just turn-up-the-volume scream. Thankfully, it's not all the time, just when I lay her down to sleep and she's not sleepy enough. It's actually pretty funny.
For the last couple weeks, Amelie has been staring longingly at us when we eat in front of her. Sunday it occured to us that we could give her some water to see how she likes it (we want to wait till she's 6 months to try cereal). Well, she LOVES to drink water. She grabs the cup and brings it to her mouth again before she even swallows the previous sip. Once in awhile she gets too big of a sip and looks like she's been dunked underwater. So-o-o cute.
Today we went to two local thrift stores for their President's Day Sale (50% off everything) in hopes of finding some good wooden toys and maybe some clothes for Chris and I. We got to the first store at 10am, and it was already picked over. Both stores were SO busy, it was like the mall the day after Thanksgiving. Yuck. We'll never do that again. The good news is that we scored a cool dinosaur wooden puzzle, a Radio Flyer-style wagon for Amelie to pull her doll in someday, some wooden blocks to add to the collection, and some other random toys. Chris found a Mastering Spanish tape series, and we got some clothes for ourselves. Not a bad haul.
I'm starting up a business, finally. I have had so many ideas in the last 10-or-so years, and seen quite a few of them come to fruition... for other people. So it's time to gather up my skirt and make something happen. As soon as I get a patent, I'll tell you what it is. :) But it's coming along, and the patent is the next step. So far I've done research on my industry, gotten together some organizational tools for my ideas, and contacted small business owners to see if they'd mentor me on any level. I've gotten a response from 2 of the 3 people. One gave me some resources, and one said she's love to talk to me this week. Woo-hoo!
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment