As you know, I am selling stuff so I can buy stuff for Amelie (I volunteered while we were pregnant to pay for all baby stuff so Chris wouldn't have a bigger financial burden). Anyways... someone was supposed to buy a piece of furniture today for $50, so I decided to go shopping and I spent the money before I had it. Oops! The buyer got in a car accident today and decided she shouldn't spend frivolously. So my 50 chicks are no more. Lesson learned.
On a lighter, nay: happier, note... I figured out 2 reasons for Amelie's frequent night-waking. One, she was too hot. We had started using a vaporizer in the room to humidify. Well, it makes our room into a sauna, and the poor babe was fully pajama-ed every night. The second reason is my fault also: since we are on the same sleep cycles (from sleeping together), we sleep lightly at the same time. When Amelie would fuss even the tiniest bit while she was adjusting her position, I would already be awake and take it as a sign she would fully wake up soon and hook her up before she cried. Well, as it turns out, she wasn't going to wake up most of those times. She was probably as annoyed at having to eat so often as I was at having to feed her! Now we're back to the 2-3 feedings in her 12 hours of sleep. Yay!
Recent developments: Amelie is getting much better with her hands, and she's almost sitting up and rolling over (she tries hard at both!). Her newest "word" is "Bvvvvvv." She's also learning how to blow raspberries and bubbles, and to suck on her bottom lip. The other day I told her I love her, which she politely responded to by sticking out her tongue and spitting at me. She rarely laughes, though. I suspect she is thoroughly bored with me.
Tata for now!
Saturday, February 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i would love 12 hours of sleep. :) thanks for telling us about the sale online, we bought eliot a cute dress.
Post a Comment