Well, we are miserable again, but this time it's due to teething! I wish babes didn't have to get them (for selfish reasons: breastfeeding and the crabbiness), but it's a necessary evil. Amelie has been so fussy recently, probably to teach me to not get too comfortable with her usual pleasantness. I am learning patience and gentleness, along with a hefty dose of longsuffering. Chris has been a big help in my staying sane, and taken a bigger part in babycare. Not to imply that he wasn't involved before. He was, but he is more now.
If you care to check it out, I have changed the link "Amelie's registry" to "Our Shopping Mall." It's the same site, but I've updated it to include links to all the sites I like that carry organic stuff, along with my commentary on each site. If you buy organic stuff, I've done the hard part and sought out the good sites for you.
Let me bore you for a second: today I went to Once Upon a Child to buy some denim for Amelie (one organic piece I am not willing to buy: $40 jeans are not in my budget, no matter how much I sell on Craigslist!). I found a cute skirt for her (Oh, I forgot to mention I want to find stuff to fit over her gargantuan cloth diapers), size 18m, that is supposed to go to her knees, I imagine. Well, it's mid-calf. Funny. And then I found jeans, also 18m, which fit over the dipes, and I got them home, only to discover that they are capris! The funny thing (to me) is that they are so huge in the butt, b/c they are for a big kid, but they are short enough for her b/c they're capris! Now I know what to look for.
On a more personal note: we have been recently re-convicted of how we honor the sabbath. When we talked to a friend about it, he wisely replied, "if you don't think you should be doing it here on Sunday, then you probably shouldn't do it at all." Hmm. Good point. So now, we are trying to examine everything we do under that microscope, within reason (there are neutral things we feel there's nothing wrong with doing any other day, but doesn't really honor God on Sunday). I'm just excited that we are being re-convicted about this. :) Another thing worth saying, is that God has been blessing us so much recently. He always does, but we have been noticing it so much more in the last month or so. We are ahead on our bills, which is rare, and Chris has a verbal agreement with his boss that he will be the head server at the new restaurant later this year. He'll be in charge of training all the new servers. (Pray for the trainees!)
Pictures to follow...
Monday, February 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment