Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Some catching up

I guess I'll start with the biggest news, so even the skimmers will be in the know: Amelie cut her first tooth yesterday! She was so crabby last week, and didn't sleep well for a few days; I should have guessed it was a tooth coming in. Instead, I thought it was because I fed her peas for the first time. Peas are one of the easiest foods to digest, and here I thought she was having a bad reaction to them. Haha... It's a tooth! Oh, and also, I should give a little credit here: Sunday at church, Jenie swore she could see where teeth were going to come in, and she predicted they'd come this week. I couldn't see anything, not very well, at least, and didn't really think there would be a tooth coming in. I doubted it because I just don't think of Amelie as being old enough to have a tooth! She's my little baby, and now she's not so little... (and speaking of not-so-little: you should see those THIGHS!)

This last week, Amelie has acquired some other big-girl traits: she now sits up with very few tips, she babbles and blows raspberries and screeches constantly, and she's generally more active. She also blows her nose a LOT, but never in a tissue. I'm really seeing some personality coming out. She's got a sense of humor, which I suspected when she decided to be born on Labor Day.

So, we finally got our new computer hooked up, and it's awesome. Did I mention that it was like pulling teeth (to keep with the theme) to get Chris to agree to buying a MAC? Well, he has since admitted, repeatedly, that I was right: MACs are better than PCs. At least for doing fun/artsy-fartsy stuff. He love-love-loves it, and I'm so glad (not just to be right: I'm used to that... but glad that he's so happy with it).

So now that we're a bit comfortable with our computer, we can start posting pictures again. I'll do a separate post for that... I have a feeling I'd mess it up somehow if I tried on this one...

1 comment:

bethany said...

apple never lets you down