Tuesday, August 30, 2005

*** WARNING*** The following post contains an extremely opionated view, it's not my intent to offend anyone, so if the following offends you this is an advance apology. But I still feel the way I do. Hello, Chris here. I also think blogs are stupid. Even the name "blog" is stupid. I do agree, reluctantly, this is a great way to keep others up to date on our new baby and our lives with Pu*Pae. It's also a great way to show off our baby to the whole world. Even though an teeny tiny portion of the world will ever look at this blog it serves it's purpose. So, what next? Oh yeah, We aren't even close to being ready to have a baby, there is so much still left to do. Fortunately the nursery doesn't have to be done anytime soon since we'll be doing a " family " bed. That takes a lot of stress off of me since I've got big plans for the nursery. I've been in the process of building a built -in closet for a long time. The cutting of the wood alone took 6.5 hours and I have no idea how long it will take me to finish it. Hopefully before the baby is 1 :) I also ripped out all the wood trim in the room. We scored 70 feet of nice oak moulding off of free market or craigs list. I don't remember which, but it's alot nicer than the thin pine poop brown wood that was everywhere in the room. I also have to finish the pedestal bed that we got for free (of course) from a free website. It's an old waterbed pedestal with drawers and doors on it. Once again, it was poop brown and needed alot of work including new rails for the drawers to slide on. It's been an exercise in patience getting the new rails in so the drawers will slide smoothly. Are you bored yet? Good, I've got alot more to spew. Next we are cloth diapering, and everything we've read says the baby will go through 10-12 diapers a day. We have 3 :) That's o.k. though, going up and down the stairs 7 times a day will be great exercise. We have no idea if Pu*pae will be a boy or a girl, we didn't have an ultrasound because 1. it's not necessary 2. Most importantly, IT'S NOT GOOD FOR THE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!. This blog thing is actually kinda cool, it allows me to get om my soapbox and spout about anything I want to without any retort to my ramblings:) . But seriously, everyone thinks ultrasounds are no big deal. I wish that there was the equivalent of that test that we could administer to adults. Think about it this way. Sound is greatly amplified underwater and a babys ears are so small and sensitive that it makes complete sense to me that the high frequencies that are used to bounce off the baby to produce the image you see ARE NOT HELPFUL TO THE BABY!!! Just wait and see what you're baby is! You don't need to know what color to make the nursery or what color clothes to buy. How superficial is that? That only serves the purpose of letting people know what to purchase. And that's exactly what we don't need more of, just trust in God that you're baby will be what God wants it to be. We have no control over what sex the baby will be. And if there were a way to chose the sex of your baby I would strongly advise against it. You get what the Good Lord wants you to have END OF STORY.

No comments: