Wednesday, August 31, 2005

About that soapbox...

(This is Kati)

I'd like to say that, while I agree with *what* Chris says, I don't agree with *how* he says it. So please don't throw me up on that soapbox with Chris. I don't want to preach.

And please don't be offended by Chris... he's not a jerk, he's passionate!

On to other things...
Chris and I went to the OB today to get blood drawn, at the request of our midwives. Our appointment was at 1:15pm. I was just about to go to the bathroom when I remembered I'd have to pee in a cup, so I decided to wait. We sat in the lobby until 2:05pm, at which time I went to ask if this was normal. "Oh, she sometimes runs behind" they say. Fine. A half an hour later, Chris asks what is going on, and can we be seen soon, because he has to work tonight, and we'll be late if this takes much longer. We finally are called in at 2:45pm. In case you're not keeping track, that's AN HOUR AN A HALF WAIT (I was starving *and* I held it that long!). Is this what it's like to see an OB?! Our MWs were running late once... they offered to put in a video of a birth, and we watched it on a comfortable couch (not a sick person in sight) while we waited. I'm glad we've been getting quality health care... of course, there are many more advantages to having the MWs we do.

In case you're wondering, the bloodwork came back perfect. The numbers are where they should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on the birth of your new baby girl!!! I got your letter today. When are you going to post a picture of baby Amelie?