Monday, October 30, 2006

Olivia


Chris and I are anti-character (cartoon/TV/corporation variety, that is), but we are inexplicably drawn to Olivia. She would tempt us to throw a birthday party in black, white and red. It would be hard to say no if Amelie begged for a playroom decked out with this charming pig. Olivia is somehow different than the others. We love love love her.

The books are basic counting and opposites books, but with illustrations from the other "big kid" Olivia books. I like the simple lines and colors of the series, and Ian can't-remember-his-last-name's subtle sense of humor is a refreshing change. Check them out.

And by the way, you get 2 books at a time now. There are too many, and at this pace, it will take for. ev. er. to finish them.

1 comment:

Kira said...

I am with you on the hate-characters-but-love-Olivia train. At a Halloween party last week I was astounded at how many of the children were dressed up as commercialized characters. which to me shows no creativity. 'Course, no one was dressed up as Olivia.