Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sweet nothings

Amelie is 100% better now. She fought off the illness gracefully, and has come out stronger. Apparently, she was at the peak of RSV when we brought her to the ER, so she got better and better after that.

While she was sick, Amelie laughed out loud a couple times. It was so cute! Unfortunately, she seems so bored with my antics, that I can't get another chuckle out of her for the life of me. According to the Baby Book, by Dr. Sears, there is a list of milestones for the 3rd month, and as if she were meeting a deadline, Amelie hit them in the last week of her third month. She has been holding her head up 90 degrees, standing while leaning on my chest, and sitting up briefly, as well as laughing occasionally. I can't remember if she was supposed to be rolling over yet or not, but she isn't. And that's fine by me! I want her to stay little forever! Or at least as long as we can have her be little and not develpomentally delayed. The book says that laid-back babies will sometimes take a couple months longer to roll over than active babies. I'm guessing that if Amelie is half as laid back as Chris and I, she'll fall into that category.

This last week was the beginning of Amelie finding her voice. Well, I'm thinking she may have actually started while she was sick, but she had lost her voice from the illness, so it was hard to tell. She looked like she was trying hard and nothing was coming out. But now she is chatting up a storm! When she wakes up, and makes eye contact with one of us, she starts her babbling and screeching and squealing. It's so cute! And we can usually make her talk on command by rubbing her gums. She loves that! The only time it doesn't work, is when we tell someone it will. The funny thing, is that when I talk to her in English, she acts like it's the most normal thing. But when I talk to her in baby talk, making the same sounds she does, she looks at me as if I were from a different planet.

Talk at you later!

No comments: