Saturday, December 31, 2005

Les Miserables

Amelie and Chris are sick, so we are all miserable. Chris got sick from doing a bunch of stuff to get ready for Christmas (you may not know this is typical of Chris: before any big event, whether a vacation or holiday, he works so hard either to make money or a gift or something, that he makes himself sick). Amelie got sick from her affectionate 2 year old aunt Betsy loving on her on Christmas. Such is life.

The first day of her cold wasn't so bad, because she slept all day, save for 2 hours, and I got a ton of stuff done (cleaned and organized the entry closet and started sorting papers from my filing cabinet, which date back to 2002, mind you!). But yesterday she couldn't breathe laying down, so I had to carry her in the sling all day. She could hardly eat either, poor thing. The nights are the worst. Amelie snores with her daddy (rumor has it, I snore in a humm... I don't know), and she wakes every 2-4 hours to eat.

Today is much better... Chris seems to be feeling ok, and Amelie will even smile while she's laying on her back. And I even got her to nap on the bed. Woo-hoo! While she napped, I read most of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I'm going to finish it tonight. And before you call me a loser for being home, reading and blogging on New Year's Eve, remember I have a sick babe to take care of!

We have some cute pics from Christmas, so I'll post them within the week.

No comments: