Once again, it has been too many days since my last post. There isn't much to say about the babe, except that she has learned to shake her head "no" at me. So far, she isn't sassy about it, but uses it to tell me she is done eating "solid" food or done nursing. I like the new communication. It makes me feel like we are really talking. :) Oh, and I think she is starting to wave "hi" and "bye" too. I don't know for sure if it's waving or just excited flapping.
I think Amelie is starting to get real "stranger danger." She seems OK with people until they get in her personal space, then she gets sketchy. If they hold her, she starts to really scream in her "dentist drill" fashion. I hate to admit it, but I think that cry is really cute. So cute, that I hesitate to rescue her right away because it's the only time I like the sound of a dentist drill (it really sounds just like one!).
Today I talked to some old friends (Christie L and Melissa M.) for the first time in a long time. That was really nice. It's always good to know that they don't hate me for dropping off the earth for awhile.
Quitting smoking has been really not going well this time. We did OK for the first few days, and then Chris bought a pack of smokes for each of us so he didn't have to hear me complain anymore. Nice of him to want to fix things, but it was bad for us. We have since resumed smoking at least as much as before the dedication. After telling my friend Cerah (read: Sarah) about this, she took it upon herself to hold me accountable (thank you). The plan is to wean myself by Sunday, and Saturday will be the last day I smoke. I don't know what Chris' plan is. But I have to quit anyways.
My back hurts. A lot. (People tell me to put the baby down sometimes... what do they know?) :)
Now that the weather is nicer, I have started to use cloth diapers again, except at night (too much leakage after a 10 hour stretch in 1 dipe). What does the weather have to do with it? Well, the dipes with the wool covers are really bulky, so it's hard to find clothes that fit over them (forget onesies altogether). Now that it's warm out, I just put a shirt on her with the diaper, and it's a cute outfit.
She's waking up... later.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
My back has been hurting less from carrying the baby since I got a hotsling. I had other slings/baby carriers, but the hotsling is what works wonders in our world.
Post a Comment